Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

Blog Updates and Future Ideas

I wanted to try to post to this blog once a week, but I haven't posted in a month, and the previous post was a month after the one before it.  When I started this blog I was super excited about homebrewing and wanted to share it with everyone.  But I'm also a graduate student and I started writing my thesis early October, so that has taken all my writing mojo to do.  And while I still greatly enjoy homebrewing and brew a batch about once a month, writing about it weekly is a bit more than I'm able to do right now.

That said, I think I will aim for more than once a month, but not as high as once a week.  I want to review the homebrewing books I read, and have received and read another one since my birthday two weeks ago.  I'd like to point out interesting websites I find, and have recently stumbled upon a few web-based calculators that have proved really useful in my brewing.  Of course I'll discuss breweries I visit and beers I try, and I hope to sample one of as many of the craftbrew Christmas Beers as I can this season and write about those.

These are the things I'd like to pursue in this blog in addition to my personal homebrewing.  I personally don't like to state things I want to do and then not follow through with them, but as I'm learning from my wife, it's not a bad thing to say you want to do something and not explicitly carry it out.  I'm trying to get into that mind frame, to be freer about what I want to do and what I actually accomplish.

With that in mind, I can't promise that I'll be posting more than I have, but that I haven't forgotten about this blog and would love to write more if time and energy permitted it.

Until next time friends, happy brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment