Pages

Monday, March 25, 2013

If You've Been Worried About Me...

Worry not!  I haven't fallen into a well, just live a busy life and haven't put time into beer writing.  But I have been beer making since posting last on Feb 7.  Here's what I've been up to:

  • The Winter Wheat has been tested and is... alright. I think it's a bit sour, but my neighbor and fellow brewer liked it.  
  • The PB & Porter has been tasted with several bottles drunk and is a success!  The mouthfeel has the texture of peanut butter, and the aroma is there, but the flavor doesn't have any PB in it, which is strange but ok.  Overall, I think that beer turned out well and I like it!
  • I have a goal to have three different batches of homebrew ready for grilling season starting Memorial Day.  For that I brewed two 1-gal batches back-to-back in two days.  I brewed the Jalapeno Saison again and then a S'Mores Beer the next day, and three weeks later I brewed a BBQ Beer, all of which will have their own posts soon enough.  The first two have fermented and have been bottled, the third is still fermenting.
  • I've been planning my next brews and they will both be IPAs.  One will be a black IPA based on a recipe a former roommate gave me that's similar to Stone's Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale.  The other will be an IPA that uses only Zythos hops, a Hopunion homemade hop strain, from a recipe found at Hopunion.com.  The first will be brewed sometime in April.
So with the winter winding down, although Cleveland just got hit with a couple inches of snow, I'm looking toward the summer and am even planning for the fall.  Expect two pumpkin beers by Halloween, the porter again and a brown ale this year, and I hope to get a good stout going for next winter.  My beer efforts continue even if I don't dedicate much time to documenting my exploits here.

Until next time friends, happy brewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment